Selling Your Austin Texas Home
Nation Holdings is a proven leader in Austin’s competitive real estate market. We have experience selling single and multi-family homes, condominiums, town homes, and lofts.
Selling your home can be overwhelming and requires an outside perspective. We can quickly identify what makes a property special and how best to promote it for a quick sale. We will guide you through the process of marketing your home with our professional photography and online services.
If you’re looking to sell your property, we will be your trusted partner.
Now is a good time to sell because:
- Housing prices in Texas have been steadily rising at a moderate pace for many years even while other states have experienced wild price fluctuations.
- Record-low interest rates motivate buyers to purchase homes and give them more purchasing power.
- Unlike several other states that experienced wild price fluctuations and skyrocketing foreclosure rates, Texas does not have a glut of unsold homes. According to the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M, the statewide supply of homes is at a level that leads to a fairly balanced market.
- Individuals and businesses continue to move to Texas, and this ongoing population growth feeds a strong demand for housing. Austin is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country for jobs and employers by media outlets like Forbes, CNN, and Yahoo.
We will provide you with a specific marketing package including:
- A personal website tailored to your property, complete with a personalized domain name. Professional magazine-quality photographs to be used to sell your property. Online marketing using eFlyers: Postlets, GoogleBase, Craigslist, Realtor.com, Vast, Zillow, FrontDoor, Trulia, Twitter, DotHomes, Enormoa, Lycos, Oodle, backpage, HotPads, ByOwnerMLS, Local.com
- Your own personal YouTube property video. Your video will be your hook driving traffic you wouldn't normally have. If you search a term on Google, there's massive competition, but there are only 500 results for the same term on YouTube, making you a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Videos offer opportunities to highlight areas of your home, adding a whole new dimension to your sales pitch.
- Professionally designed paper pull sheets inside and outside the property. Advertisements in all of our rental cottages. Nick will give you tips on how to increase curb appeal and get your home ready for listing.
We will make sure that you are compliant with all laws relating to the sale of your home. We will help you navigate the city of Austin Energy Audit disclosure process. If you're not familiar with the ordinance we encourage you to read the information provided on the Austin Energy website:
- If the home is 10 years old or older, the owner needs to have an energy audit before selling.
- You need to give prospective buyers a copy of the energy audit before the time of sale.
- You need to provide a copy of the energy audit to Austin Energy no later than 30 days after the audit is complete.
- Most buyers don't want to tell the seller why they won't be making an offer--we will probe the buyer or agent for that information.
- Unqualified buyers can tie up your home. We will make sure all offers are pre-qualified, not just pre-approved. We will orchestrate the contract-to-closing process, including the appraisal, buyer-loan process, title, inspections, pest control, survey, etc., taking this burden off of you.
- We will do a Competitive Market Analysis for you to help you decide your asking price. If you try to sell your home above market, it will just sit there, while other agents show your home to verify what a good deal another property may be. We own many properties in Austin and know the ins and outs of real estate buying and selling, TravisCad, market fluctuations, etc.
Want to sell your house and need a place to start?
Here's a simple Get Started list:
- Decide the right time to sell.
In Austin, the hot home-selling season is early spring through mid-summer, ample time to buy and sell before the new school year starts. (Over the last couple of years the season for inner-city homes has run through October.)
- Inspect your own home
Get a friend to help and try to do so with the eye of a stranger.
- Look around your neighborhood.
Review the comparables of current, pending, and sold sales provided by your realtor. Work with your realtor to determine the right price for your home. Pricing is very important to the success of your marketing plan and equally, if not more, important to you.
- Ready your house for the market.
Go down the list you made when you inspected the home and perform the necessary repairs. (If you have to pick and choose, ask for advice from your realtor) Get rid of clutter and make your property attractive inside and out (get a storage unit if necessary).
Remember: First impressions are important.
- Market Your Home
Depend on your realtor to help review offers. The bottom line isn't always easy to see in a home contract offer.
- Accept an Offer
This process will include at least one round of counter offers.
- Expect an Inspection
negotiations may follow, and a contract amendment is likely.
- Close on the Sale
Your realtor will work with the title company, the real estate attorney, and other professionals to close the sale.
Then let me help you buy your next home!
Any agent competing for your business must be sure that s/he are reaching the widest possible audience and providing the best staff available to handle inquiries on your property.
The internet is fast becoming the most important medium for marketing your home; presentation is crucial and high-quality photography, both inside and out, is a must. Intelligent description of your home's selling features, floor plans where appropriate, and a clear location map all open the door to a potential viewing.
You want a quicker sale at a higher price.
In order to get top dollar for your home you have to make your home look its best. Our agents are trained to help you identify and prioritize repairs and improvements that will provide the best return on your investment. Before your home goes on the market, we offer home staging to make every room in your home look its best.
The most important step in selling your Austin home is pricing it correctly from the onset. It's a well-known fact that overpriced homes take longer to sell and usually sell for a lower price. Since the majority of your showings will occur in the first 30 days on the market, it is crucial that your initial list price matches buyer expectations. Our agents are trained to use advanced market analysis software to build a comprehensive report that will accurately determine the optimal list price for your home. Request a detailed market analysis of your home.
We get our listings in front of as many potential buyers as possible. Our reach is so extensive because we invest heavily in web, social networking, email, direct mail, and print campaigns, meaning, our listings can be found in all the places where buyers are looking.
Successfully negotiating a real estate contract is more than a matter of luck or talent. When you receive an offer, having an agent with a proven track record of bringing buyers and sellers together can make a huge difference on your final sales price. Our Austin home listing specialists are skilled negotiators who can help you get to the highest price a potential buyer is willing to pay, as well as the best terms, shortest contingencies, fewest repairs, and lowest closing costs. Rather than approaching negotiations from an adversarial winner-take-all perspective, our agents focus on your top priorities and strive to keep emotions from overrunning the process.
While your home is on the market we will provide at least monthly status reports that show your top prospects, a summary of feedback from your showings, a review of completed and planned marketing activities and any recommended adjustments to course. In order to keep tabs on your competition we setup a neighborhood alert system that will notify you and your agent when similar homes in your neighborhood come on the market, go under contract, or sell. Once your Austin home goes under contract we use our sophisticated online transaction management system to make sure the buyers, and their agent, follow through with their contractual obligations in a timely manner.
Selling Austin Investment Real Estate
Getting the most for your investment property means doing more than putting a "For Sale" sign out front. In the competitive Austin market, where new homes and investment properties are added daily, your listing needs to be seen in a variety of places in order to stand out.
And sometimes the right buyer is waiting out of state, or even in another country. We know what's necessary to prepare your property for the Austin market. With our expertise, we can show buyers that your property is the best opportunity among the competition.
Whether your property is vacant or occupied, we work to sell your property in the least amount of time.
What we can do for you:
- Comparative market analysis
- Site inspection to determine present condition
- Determine market price
- Historical research to show property in its best light
- Analyze rental history and expenses
- Identify and highlight all property upgrades
- Take photos and make suggestions about preparing your property for the Austin market
- Professional photography
- Staging vacant units
- Pre-inspection by a home inspection company (this will help prepare us for any potential issues)
- Set up vendors for any necessary repairs
- Work with tenants to make showings and the selling transition go smoothly